1.The desk! Stop sitting at your dining table, and make a dedicated space for better focus and ergonomics. Consider purchasing a height adjustable desk, which would allow for better blood flow and reduce fatigue when working 8+ hours a day.
2. Stop sitting on your dining chair. Most residential chairs are not designed to withstand the 8-hour workday, dining style chairs don’t have arm support, and wood framed chairs are creaky and squeaky! For relief from back pain and arm strain upgrade that chair to a proper commercial grade task chair; your spine (and wallet from chiropractor visits) will thank you.
3. Personalize! Even if you are working from home, it is nice to have a few décor items to enliven your work space. A block calendar, a lamp, or a cute pen holder add that personal touch. Working from home can be stressful, but being able to glance over at your favorite plant or anime character during a long Zoom call can brighten your work day.
A comfortable, ergonomic home office is more important than ever during COVID times, so make it work for you! Visit one of our showrooms to upgrade your work from home set up at a budget price, with help from the office furniture experts at OFR.
As the holidays approach and 2020 comes to a close, it’s time to start thinking about improvements to make this next year even better than the last. With many of us still working from home, and a good amount still sitting on dining room chairs, there’s no better time to invest in your comfort with a high quality used desk chair! Read on for our TOP FIVE REASONS to buy a pre-owned Herman Miller Aeron.
1. Comfort. Our number one request from customers looking for a desk chair is “something comfortable”. The Aeron’s seat and back are made from a revolutionary mesh fiber called pellicle, which is designed to cradle and support your body, allow breathability and temperature control, and help distribute weight in the most even and ergonomic way. The various adjustments also allow for a customized fit. Whether you are sitting for just a few hours every day or at your desk from 9-5, the Aeron is guaranteed to make your workday as comfortable as possible, even from home.
2. Support. The Aeron has adjustments galore! From armrests to seat angle, it is easy to customize your chair for the perfect fit. Armrests adjust up and down as well as side to side, making it simple to provide support for your arms wherever they may need it. Adjustable lumbar support reduces back pain, while the seat angle feature helps encourage better posture. The back can tilt and lock depending on your preference – whether you sit straight up or like to spend your day reclining, the Aeron is the chair for you!
3. Design. The Aeron is one of the most iconic and easily recognizable take chairs to ever be introduced. In addition to being ubiquitous in real life, they show up in TV shows, movies, music videos, and more! Now a cultural icon, the Aeron’s sleek and modern design has been known for the past 20 years as THE office chair. It looks fabulous in any space!
4. Sustainability. Herman Miller designed the Aeron to be sustainable from the start: 2/3 of the materials used in the chair are recycled content and 94% of the chair itself is recyclable. The Aeron is the first office chair to receive the MBDC Cradle to Cradle certification, meaning it is guaranteed to be absolutely safe for the environment. Purchasing a pre-owned Aeron from Office Furniture Resources makes an even greater impact. OFR diverts over 1500 trailer loads of furniture from the landfill each year.
5. Value. Every pre-owned Aeron desk chair purchased from OFR is covered under our Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee, meaning all mechanical parts of your chair are fully covered for the life of the chair! Our maintenance team are experts at repairing and refurbishing Aerons, so we guarantee your chair will last. Save more than half the cost of buying new! A gently used Aeron chair from OFR is a huge value at only $500 (size B), less than half the cost of new. Our used Aeron pricing is straight forward–no hidden added costs for the standard adjustments or features. For a chair that will provide support all day, look great in your home, last a lifetime, AND is repurposed, there is really no better better value than a used Aeron desk chair from OFR!
OFR stands in support of black lives, brown lives and all the victims of racism and social injustice.
We strongly support the need to denounce all forms of racism and promote the peaceful protest.
We strongly believe that we are all in this together.
Over the past few weeks we have focused on assisting you with reopening your offices. We designed a solutions guide for space planning, and introduced you to new workspace products to help follow the safety guidelines put in place by the CDC. We want you to know that we’ve been practicing the same recommendations we gave you. Here’s a little glimpse of what you can expect from us now that our retail locations are open:
Mask are required at all times in our retail locations. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one to you. We also have gloves available.
We have hand sanitizer available for use throughout our showroom.
Please continue to practice social distancing. We have re-designed our showroom with directional arrows, space stickers, and a one-way path through our store to ensure a safe environment.
We are regularly including sanitizing our warehouse and disinfecting our inventory.
We will continue to honor curbside pick up requests and no-contact delivery.
Our retail locations are open by appointment. Please contact us to schedule your visit. We are excited to see you!
Clear off your desktop! It is essential to remove any unnecessary knick-knacks in the office so cleaning crews can clean your space more efficiently and quickly.
Have your own cleaning supplies! It is essential to try to maintain a healthy and clean environment in today’s world.
Add a Pencil Drawer or keyboard try to clear off your desktop! It helps to make it more efficient for cleaning crews to clean off surfaces.
Add a sanitation caddy! Hold all the cleaning supplies you need in one, easy-to-reach caddy so you can disinfect and clean your workstation throughout the day, as you see fit.
Take home your personalization! Although it might be difficult to remove your family pictures, your favorite memes, or concert tickets from a great night, it is recommended to take these mementos home, as these can be damaged/ruined with constant cleaning.
Well, here we are. Most of us are working from home due to a global pandemic, and doing our best to adapt to our new surroundings and work environment. Maybe you have a super sweet office set up that’s private, quiet, has a southern facing view and lots of natural light. Or, maybe you’re working at your kitchen counter, a coffee table, perhaps the ironing board is now your desk. Whatever the case may be, if your desk is the kitchen table, you probably hate your “office” chair.
10 REASONS WHY I HATE MY HOME OFFICE CHAIR
It’s not mine. I share it with my child, my spouse, and the cat.
The pneumatic no longer works so during Zoom calls, I look like a kid who needs a high chair.
Remember how I said it also belongs to the cat? Anyone have a lint roller I can borrow?
Why is it pink?
It only has 1 arm.
It doesn’t have any wheels.
It’s also my step stool.
The fabric is ripped.
It’s too big, I look like Dr. Evil.
I don’t have an office chair.
Luckily, you’ve come to the right place. At OFR, we have so many great used chairs that are available for pick up today. Would you prefer something shiny and brand new? These work from home options ship direct to your door! Our Digital Sales Team is here to help.
We are Steelcase people. Office Furniture Resources resells a lot of high-quality office furniture, from all the top name brands including Herman Miller, Knoll, Haworth and many more.
But we are Steelcase people. Every office furniture re-seller and re-manufacturer in the industry has a “go to” line that is their wheelhouse, their mainstay, their focus.
For OFR, that line is Steelcase. From the heavy duty old-school Steelcase 9000 desks (ever try to move one? heavy!), to the ergonomic wonder that is the Leap desk chair, to the modern, modular Answer cubicle system—we know, we stock, we LOVE Steelcase.
Office Furniture Resources stocks more pre-owned Steelcase Answer cubicle system parts than any other refurbishing company in the Midwest. In 2014, we began refurbishing Steelcase Answer in our own shop. Our facilities in Des Plaines, Illinois, is the heart of our refurbishing business. Our skilled team reupholsters the panels skins, creates custom solutions, and knows the Answer system inside and out. All so that you can get the highest quality refurbished office furniture product available, at a huge financial and environmental savings.
If you love quality, if you love furniture, if you want to save money on pre-owned and refurbished Steelcase, we are your people.
*Office Furniture Resources is not an authorized Steelcase dealer.