OFR stands in support of black lives, brown lives and all the victims of racism and social injustice.
We strongly support the need to denounce all forms of racism and promote the peaceful protest.
We strongly believe that we are all in this together.
Over the past few weeks we have focused on assisting you with reopening your offices. We designed a solutions guide for space planning, and introduced you to new workspace products to help follow the safety guidelines put in place by the CDC. We want you to know that we’ve been practicing the same recommendations we gave you. Here’s a little glimpse of what you can expect from us now that our retail locations are open:
- Mask are required at all times in our retail locations. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one to you. We also have gloves available.
- We have hand sanitizer available for use throughout our showroom.
- Please continue to practice social distancing. We have re-designed our showroom with directional arrows, space stickers, and a one-way path through our store to ensure a safe environment.
- We are regularly including sanitizing our warehouse and disinfecting our inventory.
- We will continue to honor curbside pick up requests and no-contact delivery.
Our retail locations are open by appointment. Please contact us to schedule your visit. We are excited to see you!
- Clear off your desktop! It is essential to remove any unnecessary knick-knacks in the office so cleaning crews can clean your space more efficiently and quickly.
- Have your own cleaning supplies! It is essential to try to maintain a healthy and clean environment in today’s world.
- Add a Pencil Drawer or keyboard try to clear off your desktop! It helps to make it more efficient for cleaning crews to clean off surfaces.
- Add a sanitation caddy! Hold all the cleaning supplies you need in one, easy-to-reach caddy so you can disinfect and clean your workstation throughout the day, as you see fit.
- Take home your personalization! Although it might be difficult to remove your family pictures, your favorite memes, or concert tickets from a great night, it is recommended to take these mementos home, as these can be damaged/ruined with constant cleaning.
Written By: Anthony Alecseenko, OFR Space Planner
Well, here we are. Most of us are working from home due to a global pandemic, and doing our best to adapt to our new surroundings and work environment. Maybe you have a super sweet office set up that’s private, quiet, has a southern facing view and lots of natural light. Or, maybe you’re working at your kitchen counter, a coffee table, perhaps the ironing board is now your desk. Whatever the case may be, if your desk is the kitchen table, you probably hate your “office” chair.
10 REASONS WHY I HATE MY HOME OFFICE CHAIR
- It’s not mine. I share it with my child, my spouse, and the cat.
- The pneumatic no longer works so during Zoom calls, I look like a kid who needs a high chair.
- Remember how I said it also belongs to the cat? Anyone have a lint roller I can borrow?
- Why is it pink?
- It only has 1 arm.
- It doesn’t have any wheels.
- It’s also my step stool.
- The fabric is ripped.
- It’s too big, I look like Dr. Evil.
- I don’t have an office chair.
Luckily, you’ve come to the right place. At OFR, we have so many great used chairs that are available for pick up today. Would you prefer something shiny and brand new? These work from home options ship direct to your door! Our Digital Sales Team is here to help.
We are Steelcase people. Office Furniture Resources resells a lot of high-quality office furniture, from all the top name brands including Herman Miller, Knoll, Haworth and many more.
But we are Steelcase people. Every office furniture re-seller and re-manufacturer in the industry has a “go to” line that is their wheelhouse, their mainstay, their focus.
For OFR, that line is Steelcase. From the heavy duty old-school Steelcase 9000 desks (ever try to move one? heavy!), to the ergonomic wonder that is the Leap desk chair, to the modern, modular Answer cubicle system—we know, we stock, we LOVE Steelcase.
Office Furniture Resources stocks more pre-owned Steelcase Answer cubicle system parts than any other refurbishing company in the Midwest. In 2014, we began refurbishing Steelcase Answer in our own shop. Our facilities in Des Plaines, Illinois, is the heart of our refurbishing business. Our skilled team reupholsters the panels skins, creates custom solutions, and knows the Answer system inside and out. All so that you can get the highest quality refurbished office furniture product available, at a huge financial and environmental savings.
If you love quality, if you love furniture, if you want to save money on pre-owned and refurbished Steelcase, we are your people.
*Office Furniture Resources is not an authorized Steelcase dealer.